Thursday, August 23, 2007

leadtime...initial thoughts.

oh friends. what have i gotten myself into? this is seriously the craziest thing i've ever committed myself to. in the words of rohan..."you're awesome, but this year is going to be hell." seriously. these kids are hurting. and intense. and they can't be left alone. ever. they have no privileges. they're sneaky and conniving and manipulative. and they're broken. and they need jesus. wow. this year...it really is going to break me harder than i ever knew. and i can't wait. the community around me has been amazing so far. quality people dedicated to these kids who continuously slap them in the face. this is the realest group of people i've ever been with. the most honest and open and raw. i love them. i'm excited to see what God does...he's already teaching me things. it's going to be the worst year, and i'm going to love it.

No comments: