Sunday, March 23, 2008

easter.

have you ever experienced a holy moment?
like...everything just feels different, and you know...
you know it's because the presence of God is palpable.
that's what friday night was like.
'to be continued' on the screen, and everyone got up and left.
in silence.
no words were spoken.
it was incredible.
God is alive.
living.
we get to celebrate that.
we get to live that out.
the sermon today, on easter, was about losing your religion to gain a relationship with jesus.
we don't find our hope in rituals, and the tally of how many ministries we are involved with, how much money we give, or how many times we go (or don't go) to church.
i'm not at church today.
i am home.
i've listened to the sermon.
and now i get to spend my own time with my jesus.
the one who doesn't care about rituals or tasks.
the one who wants a relationship with me...good, bad, ugly, sad, crappy, heart broken, prideful, beautiful, happy, apathetic, loving, what have you.
thanks for loving me.
period.
no matter what.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.