Tuesday, January 8, 2008

trust.

God is good.
i know this, because this weekend i was able to do something i have never really been able to do.
i was able to say no to something that wasn't going to be good for me right now.
able to be honest and mature and real about my heart.
able to take it down a notch so that it could develop in a healthy way.
that's awesome.
God is alive.
i know this because my heart is so full of love and peace right now, it's amazing.
because i see him working in the lives of friends and family. in my church. in me.
God is in control.
which is certainly good news for me, because i don't have a clue about anything without him.
and that means i get to choose to not worry about things.
to invest in what's important and what i am being called to.
to let go of those things that break my heart, but that i cannot do anything about.
to just...let go.
God is trustworthy.
because i don't trust easily. or at all sometimes.
and God is keeping his promises.
he is providing.
he is working.
he is blessing me more than i could have ever imagined.
and i know that if i can just remember to give it to him first, then i will be able to trust that he will take care of me.

life is good.

No comments: